Welcome!

The purpose for this blog is to provide homeschoolers with information about issues that are pertinent to the homeschool community. Mike Huckabee has been a great supporter of the right to homeschool and of parental rights in general. So this homeschool family hearts Huckabee!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Continuing . . .

I have decided to continue my blog even though Governor Huckabee has left the race. I will post activities concerning the electoral college so that homeschoolers can continue learning about the process of electing our president. It is with great sadness that I write these words as I firmly believe that Gov Huckabee was the best man, not only to protect the rights of parents to homeschool but to lift our country up in these times when we have so many new problems facing us. I will add to my blog issues that are of great concern to homeschoolers, such as the situation with the homeschool family in California. As of this writing, the current court order in CA found homeschooling to be banned in the entire state (unless you hold a teaching certificate in the area in which you are teaching your children). This case holds great importance to all other states as well and we will be tracking it closely. None of the presidential candidates left in the race openly support the right to homeschool so I believe the next 4 years will be a difficult time for those who choose to homeschool. We must band together to retain our rights as parents to make decisions for our children without interference so I want to continue to blog to keep up with those issues as well. Thanks for reading . . .

No comments: